David A. Dzombak
Civil & Environmental Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
Office: 107B Porter Hall
Env Eng Links
David A. Dzombak, P.E.
Walter J. Blenko, Sr. University Professor, Civil and Environmental Engineering
Faculty Director, Steinbrenner Institute for Environmental Education and Research
Areas of Interest:
Aquatic chemistry; fate and transport of chemicals in water, soil, and sediment; water and wastewater treatment; in situ and ex situ soil and sediment treatment; abandoned mine drainage remediation; hazardous waste site remediation; river and watershed restoration; energy and environment; population and environment; public communication of environmental engineering and science.
Ph.D. 1986, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Hussain, D., Dzombak, D.A., Jaramillo, P., and Lowry, G.V. (2013), "Comparative Lifecycle Inventory of Greenhouse Gas Emissions of Enhanced Oil Recovery Methods Using Different CO2 Sources, International Journal of Greenhouse Gas Control, accepted for publication.
- Choudhury, M.R., Hsieh, M.K., Vidic, R.D., and Dzombak, D.A. (2012), "Development of an Instantaneous Corrosion Rate Monitoring System for Metal and Metal Alloys in Recirculating Cooling Systems," Industrial & Engineering Chemistry Research, 51:4230-4239.
- Dzombak, D.A. (2011), "Nutrient Control in Large-Scale U.S. Watersheds: The Chesapeake Bay and Northern Gulf of Mexico," The Bridge, 41(4):13-22.
- Gregory, K.B., Vidic, R.D., and Dzombak, D.A. (2011), "Water Management Challenges in Development of Shale Gas with Hydraulic Fracturing," Elements, 7(3):181-186.
- Li, H., Chien, S.H., Hsieh, M.K., Dzombak, D.A. and Vidic, R.V. (2011), "Escalating Water Demands for Energy Production and Potential for Use of Treated Municipal Wastewater," Environmental Science & Technology, 45:4195-4200.
- Griffith, C.A., Dzombak, D.A. and Lowry, G.V. (2011), "Physical and Chemical Characteristics of Potential Seal Strata in Regions Considered for Demonstrating Geological Saline CO2 Sequestration," Environmental Earth Sciences, 64(4):925-948.
- Karamalidis, A. and Dzombak, D.A. (2010), Surface Complexation Modeling: Gibbsite, John Wiley & Sons, New York.