Civil & Environmental Engineering
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
Office: 123C Porter Hall
Lucio Soibelman, P.E.
Adjunct Faculty, Civil and Environmental Engineering
Areas of Interest:
Use of information technology for economic development. Information technology support for construction management. Process integration during the development of large-scale engineering systems. Information Logistics. Artificial Intelligence, Data Mining, Knowledge Discovery, Image Reasoning, Text Mining, Machine Learning, and Multi-reasoning Mechanisms
Ph.D. 1998, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Lin, K. Y., and Soibelman, L., “Incorporating Domain Knowledge and Information Retrieval Techniques to Develop an Architectural/Engineering/Construction (A/E/C) Online Product Search Engine” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), accepted.
- Soibelman, L., Wu, J., Caldas, C. Brilakis, I, and Lin, K.Y., “Management and Analysis of Unstructured Construction Data Types”, Journal of Advanced Engineering Informatics, Elsevier Science, accepted.
- Brilakis, I., and Soibelman, L., “Shape-Based Retrieval of Construction Site Photographs” Journal of Computing in Civil Engineering, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), in press.
- Lin, K. Y., and Soibelman, L., “Knowledge Assisted Retrieval of Online Product Information in A/E/C” Journal of Construction and Engineering Management, American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), accepted.
- Brilakis, I., Soibelman, L., and Shinagawa, Y. "Construction Site Image Retrieval Based on Material Cluster Recognition", Journal of Advanced Engineering Informatics, Elsevier Science, Volume 20, Issue 4, October 2006, Pages 443-452.